Monday 12 March 2018

Podcast Epiosde 27 - Notes and Links

Welcome to Little Drops of Wonderful!  My podcast is about crochet, knitting, and other lovely crafty stuff.

Episode 27 was a little..um...snotty (in the cold sense, not the condescending sense...) and also a little unplanned. Despite this I still managed to ramble on for almost an hour. Here are all the details of the things I talked about with links etc. If there's anything I haven't covered here please do ask in the Comments!

: : TIME STAMPS : :
- Finished Objects -
02:53
- Works in Progress -
18:55
- Incoming -
31:31
- Sharing the Love -
45:21
- And Finally... -
47:52


: : Finished Objects : :


- Hufflepuff Socks were made toe up using the Sockmatician’s toe-up recipe as a guide.  The heel is a Fish Lips Kiss heel done in garter stitch (as I am SO original, haha!)  The gorgeous yarn is a Norah George self-striping and it was a gift from the equally gorgeous Emma of Eldenwood Craft.

- Mary Margaret’s Lace Tam - the pattern is free on Ravelry and is by Mary Craver who created it based on the hat worn by the character Mary Margaret in the Netflix series ‘Once Upon a Time’. I LOVED this pattern.  The yarn is “Serenity Farms Yarn” by Cary, who is @mywoolmitten on Instagram, it was pure joy to knit with. All my notes for my own version of this are on my Ravelry Project page.

- C2C Moss Stitch pattern by Polly Plum – a free pattern on the Every Trick on the Hook blog.  I am using this pattern as a scrappy blanket.  (The pink mini I mentioned is actually “Peppermint Candy” by Kate Selene.)  The amazing bag I am keeping this project in was made for me by lovely Hanna of the Hanna from Sheep’s Alley podcast.


: : Works in Progress : :

- Trophy Fox Head – the book is called “Animal Heads – Trophy Heads to Crochet” and it is by Vanessa Mooncie.  Despite my lazy grumblings about page turning it is a fantastic book stuffed with patterns.  One day I will finish this fox…

- Test knit socks – the neon pink yarn is a sock set by Hand Dyed by Kate


: : Incoming : :

- The Flower Power set is by Barbara of knittingilove – she has a podcast and an online shop where she sells needle holders, tags, keyrings, coasters and lots of other knitty things!

- The Little French Meadow mini skein club is a three-month club and you can buy it on their Etsy shop.

- The yarn that was a gift from my sister is “Cheer Up Buttercup” by Little French Meadow.  My sister is @xstitchcrochet on Instagram if you wish to go and stalk her a bit.


: : Sharing the Love : :

Sam has the Betsymakes podcast and Etsy shop and she is @betsymakes on Instagram


: : And Finally… : :

I talked about being a Guilty Knitter (and neglectful crocheter).


Other Things Mentioned:
- Emma of the Eldenwood Craft podcast (and Etsy shop!)
-  The pink shawl I was wearing is the Moonlit Shawl by Sandra Paul (Cherry Heart) made with yarn by Sam of BetsyMakes (link above)
-  The crochet stitch book I mentioned is The Ultimate Crochet Stitch Bible by Collins and Brown.
-  I also mentioned Claudia of the Crochet Luna podcast and her Fortune Cookie CAL.


I *think* that’s everything – if you have any questions just ask!  See you again in a couple of weeks and thank you so much for watching.


Ali xx

1 comment:

  1. I've recently discovered your YouTube channel and have been loving it. Glad to find all these notes and links, as so many inspiring things to look up.

    ReplyDelete